Ok I need to write a marathon recap but I think I will do it later today. However, I wanted to share all the awesome (and not so awesome) things I came back from Disney World with. I think I’ll make a quick list.
1) A brand new Mickey Mouse coffee press. I tried it on Thursday and it really is pretty awesome. I probably won’t use it a whole lot cause it sucks to clean out all the grinds but it makes a great cup of coffee!
2) A brand new water cup for work. It says 2013 and Disney on it. I’ve already used it a few times and it makes it fun to drink more water, which is important.
3) a super awesome, super shiny Mickey Mouse Marathon Medal!! I worked hard for that medal…more on that later
4) a compulsive need to now rinse every dish after I use it and put it in the dishwasher. I don’t know why I’ve always fought this. I don’t like to see the dishes piled up in the sink. However, after 1 week with Steph I now can not stand to see it that way. Apparently, that was all I needed.
5) A combination of bronchitis and pneumonia. Apparently, this is what happens when you run a marathon with a cold. Although apparently a lot of people came home from marathon weekend with pneumonia so I guess it was going around.
6) One hell of a sunburn that now itches. People please take note. If you are going to do a 7+ hour marathon, in Fl, in the blazing sunshine, put sunscreen on then put on your singlet. A shirt, apparently, does not save you from this kind of crazy sun. When your husband is applying aloe and says “we will have to keep an eye out for melanoma” and you ask, “does it look that bad” and he replies “well, your skin isn’t supposed to be maroon” it really is that bad…lesson learned.
However, this might be the best trip to Walt Disney World ever! We only went to 2 parks, we relaxed. We enjoyed out time with some awesome friends. I now, cannot wait for the cruise in September!!